Friday, December 30, 2011

random singapore

Things I'll remember from my trip to Singapore on 8 December 2011 to 12 December 2011:

1. Wonder Full, the light and water spectacular at Marina Bay Sands. I swear, as soon as I have access to something faster than my pathetic Third World internet connection, I will upload my video.


2. For our first two nights in Singapore, we stayed at Royal Plaza on Scotts. It's a little gem of a hotel with lovely old-world service, an excellent location (right in the middle of Orchard Road), free wifi and a Nespresso machine in every room.


3. The entire hotel was a no smoking zone, but never mind, the McDonald's right outside the hotel lobby took care of that.


4. The best fishballs on the planet! I got this bowl of fishball noodle soup from Food Opera at Ion Orchard.


5. Strange drinks. I still don't know what this pink concoction was, but it was very refreshing after walking around all day in 80% humidity.


5. Even stranger cupcake flavors. Kurogoma Mochi Kintoki, anyone? That's black sesame, glutinous rice balls and beans. Yez, in a cupcake.


6. The traffic jams. Just kidding.


7. Seeing 60+ members of the Harley Owners Group (HOG) Singapore chapter join the DUCKtour. In full regalia, no less.


8. Laksa at the Changi Airport food court. Tasted a bit like it came out of a box, but it was good enough as a last taste of Singapore. Well, it was better than a droopy grey hotdog anyway.


Note to self: Must plan to visit Singapore during the Grand Prix. Must ride the roller coaster at Universal Studios. Must go to Sentosa and dive with the fishies at Underwater World. Must walk around Chinatown at night. Must eat more, more, more!

Royal Plaza on Scotts is located at 25 Scotts Road, literally a few meters from the corner of Orchard Road. There's a bus stop right in front, the MRT is within spitting distance and there's a 24-hour Starbucks nearby. They respond to email very quickly, and the room rates are lower if you contact them directly.

To learn more about the Harley Owners Group Singapore Chapter, visit their website.

2 comments:

  1. I love your hotel! I am recommending you to everyone I know. I hope to stay with you again soon.

    ReplyDelete