Wednesday, December 30, 2009

comfort food

Today, I woke up at 3am sick as a dog. I had the most miserable case of food poisoning. I was in and out of the bathroom the entire morning, and I got so paranoid that I started thinking that my food server the previous night had tried to kill me.

Finally, I took some medicine at 10am and felt better. In the afternoon, our neighbor Steve Shadow came over to cook.


It's his internationally famous chili con carne. No kidding. People as far away as Norway are talking about this chili.


We're supposed to save it for our midnight snack tomorrow, as we watch the New Year's Eve fireworks. But of course, I just had to taste it.


You have outdone yourself, my friend! It's an amazing blend of flavors and textures. I like it because you can still see and taste the individual components, but it all mixes together nicely.

I'm going to shut up now. Must find hiding place for chili con carne. Sorry. Not sharing.

No comments:

Post a Comment