Saturday, December 22, 2012

sting & the apocalypse

It is now 9:30 in the morning here after the supposed Mayan Doomsday, but somewhere in the world, it's still 21 December 2012-- plus there's Daylight Savings to consider. So before we get incinerated by a gigantic solar flare, here's one last blog post.

STING!!!

Back To Bass in Manila on 9 December 2012. I was so happy, I could have cried. Sting fans, you know what I mean.


Here's the set list that I saved in my mobile phone, typing in the dark while screaming my head off. After the concert, my high was a teeny bit marred because I was stumped by the title of number 8, but two hours of Googling and Youtubing the lyrics later, I was able to complete my list and sleep the "heavy sleepe".

1. If I Ever Lose My Faith In You
2. Every Little Thing She does Is Magic
3. Englishman In New York
4. Seven Days
5. Demolition Man
6. I Hung My Head
7. The End Of The Game
8. Fields Of Gold
9. Driven To Tears
10. Heavy Cloud No Rain
11. Message In A Bottle
12. Shape Of My Heart
13. The Hounds Of Winter
14. Wrapped Around Your Finger
15. De Do Do Do, De Da Da Da
16. Roxanne

First encore
17. Desert Rose
18. King Of Pain
19. Every Breath You Take

Second encore
20. Next To You

Third encore
21. Fragile

The next morning, I woke up to see that some die-hard(er) had posted the set list on Twitter already.


I was a bit apprehensive when the venue was changed from the brand new SM MOA Arena to the ancient Araneta Coliseum, but the sound quality was excellent. Thank gadness. Even with the entire audience singing along at the top of their voices, every note and nuance was still crystal clear unlike what happened at the Tears For Fears concert. And let me tell you, we were pretty loud... but always, always in tune.



Of course, it would have been perfect if Sting brought along the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra, led by the sexy conductor Steven Mercurio, but we can't have everything. Berlin, we ain't.

Yez, the conductor is very sexy. Take a look.



Anyway, I have the DVD.



But we did get the amazingly beautiful and talented Jo Lawry, who I think of as Sting's familiar. She's even starting to look similar, with the blond hair, toned physique and slithery dance moves.



It was a wonderful concert and worth every penny. An awesome last hurrah before the end of the world. Sting was in top form and sounded just as he did on my cassette tape of "Synchronicity" which I used to wind with a Bic ballpen.

And the man is 61 years old! Must be all the tantric sex yoga.

popcultureblog.dallasnews.com

P.S. Special occasions call for special outfits.

No comments:

Post a Comment