Friday, May 28, 2010

at long last

I always tell tourists that there are over 100 restaurants on Boracay, so where to eat shouldn't be a problem. But the truth is, I can only recommend a handful that I'm sure are authentic, priced reasonably, taste good and have smart service.

Case in point: We don't have a Japanese restaurant that meets a sensible person's standards. (No, that Japanese resto at D'Mall is not good at all. Very expensive and blah dishes. Oh, and we got food poisoning.)

Until now! Except it's not a restaurant. It's a take-out and delivery service.


This bento box contains (clockwise) rice, gyoza, potato salad, kimchi, sautéed vegetables and chicken teriyaki, with a bowl of miso soup. All for about US$3.50. Every component was eyes-rolling-to-the back-of-my-head excellent. It was a bit of Japan in the comfort of my home, eaten in front of the TV. It took two people to finish this box, by the way, but everything was wiped out. It looked like it was licked clean.

Call Karen at +639216823779 to order. Click on the menus to enlarge.



I have another bento box in my refrigerator. Goodbye.

No comments:

Post a Comment