Saturday, January 12, 2013

best director

I'm so glad that I'm still in Manila to catch Zero Dark Thirty.


Ever since I saw The Hurt Locker, I've been a huge fan of Kathryn Bigelow. I don't need no Academy to tell me that she's the best director, ever.

Never mind that she's ballsy and chooses controversial subject matters, she is undeniably an extremely talented film-maker. All the elements of Zero Dark Thirty come together flawlessly: the story, the cinematography, the soundtrack, and above all, the acting.

Jessica Chastain, you are the new Clarice Starling.


And every minute that James Gandolfini was on the screen as Secretary of Defense Leon Panetta, he owned it. Sexy fat guy alert.


Zero Dark Thirty is still in theaters. Watch it, watch it, watch it! It's the first movie I've seen this year and I won't be surprised if it turns out to be the best movie of the year. Oscar Award not necessary.

No comments:

Post a Comment