Sunday, December 19, 2010

soup, salad, sandwich

We were in Suntec City Mall in Singapore, and I was hungry. Sometimes, when you're not looking, you find something really great. This is my favorite fast food restaurant right now.

Souperlicious: My new happy place.

Actually, I'm not sure if I should be blogging about Souperlicious because I wanted to keep it all to myself. As soon as I saw the menu board, I knew that I was in for a treat. I love colorful picture menus!

Click to enlarge.

Click to enlarge.

I wanted to eat everything, but after ten minutes of going over the endless permutations in my mind-- Regular soup with small salad, or regular salad with small soup? What about the sandwiches? Should I go for a traditional soup like mushroom, or something unusual from the vegetarian options? I should order soup because their name is Souperlicious, right? But what about those SANDWICHES? Wait, they have wraps? And pasta, too? Arghhh!-- I gave myself a mental slap on the face, and decided on a regular mushroom soup and a small Caesar salad.

A classic Caesar done well is still everyone's favorite salad.

A bowl of warm mushroom soup = LOVE.

Verdict: This was one of the best mushroom soups I've ever had. Granted, it probably came out of a can, but they really made an effort to make it hearty and tasty. It's full of chopped mushroom bits, and it was creamy but not milky. The chopped parsley, although an unnaturally uniform bright green, was a nice touch. The soup felt like a great big hug.

The Caesar salad was surprisingly excellent, for a fast food salad. The vegetables were very fresh and crisp, and the dressing was just right and didn't overwhelm them. The tiny tomato provided a sweet and juicy interlude.

I want to eat here everyday.

You know what really amazed me? My food looked (almost) like their pictures. Truth in advertising!

No comments:

Post a Comment