Sunday, July 3, 2011

m is for majestic

I believe in karma, and because I had not killed a single cockroach in my entire life, the universe conspired to give me my Mayon Volcano shots on 26 June 2011.

8:11 AM

8:17 AM

We had quite a nice view of the volcano's peak from the swimming pool of Vista Al Mayon Pensionne. As soon as I saw the summit peek out from behind the clouds that morning, we jumped into a tricycle and rushed to the Legazpi Boulevard breakwater.

8:25 AM

8:45 AM

The first time I saw Mayon from the plane, I was astonished by how big it was. It's really, really big. It's one of the biggest things I've ever met in my life.

8:46 AM

9:11 AM

The best times to view Mayon in its gigantic entirety are early morning and late afternoon. The rest of the day, a thick veil of clouds is wrapped around the summit.

2 comments: