Wednesday, June 15, 2011

on top of the world

The last spot in Sagada that we visited before we left was Lake Danum.



OK, so it's true that the lake is not very big and the water's murky. But I think that's what makes the great reflections-- Shallow, opaque water with hardly any ripples. It reminds me of the reflecting pool at Angkor Wat.



When we arrived at the lake, there was nobody there except this guy who was catching fish by electrocuting them (!). Every once in a while, the stillness was broken by the loud crack of electricity meeting water.


Lake Danum turned out to be the perfect end to a most excellent Sagada adventure. Thanks to (from left to right) Mountain Boy, Bunny Rabbit, and our guides Jun and Raffy.


Before we went to Sagada, I showed my itinerary to some friends, and one of them emailed me: danum lake? nothing naman... baka di din clear water w/ all the rain.... BAKA YOU CAN SKIP THIS.

I'm so glad that we went anyway.

Sagada. There are no bad angles. More to come, stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment