Saturday, April 30, 2011

pheromonic vietnam

In The Nasty Bits, Anthony Bourdain wrote: "I love Vietnam. Maybe it's a pheromonic thing. Like when you meet the love of your life for the first time, and she just, somehow, inexplicably smells and feels right. You sense that given the opportunity, this is the woman you want to spend the rest of your life with. I'm in town for an hour, and I'm already tipsy, delighted, giggly, and elated."

Saigon Notre-Dame Basilica, 28 February 2011, 6:45PM.

Marian devotees gather in front of the cathedral each night.

The Saigon Notre-Dame Basilica was constructed between 1863 and 1880, and is 58 meters high.

Hey, it ain't literature, but I know exactly what he means.

Saigon Central Post Office,  6:52PM.

Designed and constructed by Gustave Eiffel. Yez, THAT Eiffel.

Hotel de Ville de Saigon, 7:40PM.

Renamed Ho Chi Minh City People's Committee Head Office in 1975.

My LX3 totally kicks butt at night. DSLR guys, I know you hate me.

Saigon Opera House, 8:19PM.

Like many of the French colonial buildings in Vietnam, this is Gothic style.

The Saigon Opera House was built in 1897, and it seats 800 music-lovers.

Vietnam. So much to say about it, but not enough words to describe it.

No comments:

Post a Comment