Thursday, July 2, 2009

boracay's recompression chamber

I have been the president of the Boracay Association of Scuba-diving Schools (BASS) for four years now. Elections are held every December and the officers' term is one year, so yes, I have won four times. It's a thankless job that nobody else wants. There's no salary, no benefits, and everyone dumps all their problems on me. So why do I do it?

The reason arrived yesterday. Finally.



From Wikipedia: "A recompression chamber is a pressure vessel used to treat divers suffering from certain diving disorders such as decompression sickness."

My gad. It feels like I had been working on this project forever. But now we have our very own recompression chamber-- something that even the most popular scuba diving destinations in this country don't have.

I hope we never have to use it.

Mr. T is in charge of maintenance.

No comments:

Post a Comment