Wednesday, May 18, 2011

being good, being bad

Since Shangri-la's Boracay Resort & Spa opened in 2009, I've eaten at their largest restaurant Vintana four times. Twice for breakfast, once for dinner, and just yesterday, lunch for the very first time.

The spread is not as abundant, lavish or varied as morning and evening. I guess most of the guests skip lunch altogether, or just have a quick snack outdoors when the weather is ridiculously excellent like yesterday. (Wouldn't you? See pictures of their beach and swimming pools in my previous post. )

But that doesn't mean that I didn't enjoy my meal.

First plate: Tofu, baby bok choy, mashed potato, asparagus, grilled fish, broccoli, shiitake mushroom and cauliflower.

Second plate: Beef carpaccio with arugula and parmesan, assorted sushi, sweet and sour fish, stir-fried noodles, salmon sashimi.

I'm so proud of myself. I didn't pig out, and I ended up with mostly healthy choices even though I wasn't consciously thinking about healthy choices.

Of course, I deserved a reward(s).

First reward: Baked cheesecake, chocolate crinkle cookie and chocolate chip cookie.

Second reward: Mini Valrhona chocolate soufflé with vanilla ice cream.

I liked everything. Really, I have nothing bad to say. I especially loved the grilled fish, asparagus and beef carpaccio. But the desserts were outstanding. I would go back and eat only the desserts next time.

J'adore the furniture and the ultra-high ceiling.

The lunch buffet at the Vintana Restaurant of Shangri-la's Boracay Resort & Spa costs about PHP1,500 (US$35) per person, including taxes and service charge.

Related posts:
1. First breakfast at Vintana
2. Second breakfast at Vintana

No comments:

Post a Comment