Tuesday, October 26, 2010

shock and awe

I wanted my first time to be special, so I made sure to pee first.

BenG said that our first sight of it should be full frontal, and so we walked around to the main entrance of the really cool Art Deco building.


And there it was: the Angry Christ!


Actually, he just looked faintly annoyed to me.


There's the red hands of God the Father, Jesus (Angry) Christ, and above them, the Holy Spirit in the form of a dove.


I wonder what all the other symbols mean. (So Dan Brown.)

 
Every square centimeter of the ceiling is covered with aggressively colorful avant-garde art.


The pastel tones of the Station of the Cross are stunning. I wish I could see all 14 of them arranged next to one another.


I was wondering who this guy was, with the carpenter's saw. And then I remembered that the real name of this church is St. Joseph the Worker.


The angels looked kick-ass, especially Michael.


Notice that all the characters look like Filipinos? Learn more about the Church of the Angry Christ from iloilocityboy.

Here's the requisite black and white shot of the holy water receptacle thingy.

No comments:

Post a Comment