Wednesday, December 22, 2010

cram-eating

30 November 2010. Only a few hours left before our flight back to Manila. Let's eat, quick!

I'm not a fan of Food Republic at Wisma Atria, but it was convenient. I read shootfirsteatlater's glowing review of Thye Hong and decided to try the char kway teow, which she said was the best she'd ever had in her life.

Looked completely different from shootfirsteatlater's. Probably tasted different, too.

I also ordered an oyster omelet. I had a feeling that the CKT would not fill me up.

The oysters were succulent and delicious. Too bad there were only five pieces.

Verdict: Thye Hong? Forget about it. It seemed like they scrimped on the ingredients, and both dishes had no wok hei. So far, the only hawker food that I really enjoyed at any mall's food court was the fish ball noodle soup at Takashimaya. Next time, I really have to get myself to a genuine, out-of-the-way, noisy, humid hawker centre. If only I could give up air-conditioning in Singapore.

This lucky girl is going back next month to eat some more. Look how happy she is with a bowl of yong tau foo.

The new billboard of Food Republic.

Not to worry, I'll be back real soon. Gotta try some carrot cake, beef hor fun, Hokkien mee, poh piah, bak kut teh, chwee kueh... The list is endless.

My favorite street. The most pedestrian-friendly ever.

Merry Christmas, friendships!

Mini high school reunion.

No comments:

Post a Comment