About a month ago, I discovered Jin Perez's blog, where she raved about this tiramisu that apparently, can only be found at UCC Manila.
I agree, Jin. It really is the best tiramisu in the world.
It's kind of pricey, but... who cares?! It's lovely-- soft, creamy, chocolatey, but not too sweet. I could eat it everyday. Of course, that would mean not eating anything else because one slice costs as much as an entire meal, practically.
I had it with a cup of Sumiyaki coffee.
Yup, it's the best coffee in the world! The first time I tried it last year, it gave me palpitations. It's a really strong cup with a roasted rice flavor (in Tagalog, tutong) that blends very nicely with cream. I wouldn't recommend drinking it black because it has top, middle and end notes which strangely enough, CLASH without the cream to bring everything together. This time, recalling the palpitations, I took my time and drank very slowly. Great to the last drop.
Why I love jinlovestoeat.com:
1. She blogs about (almost) everything she eats.
2. She has this great rating system, which makes the food/ restaurants she reviews searchable by rank. There's four hearts best of the best, three hearts her favorites, two hearts pretty good, one heart not going back and lastly waste of time and calories.
3. She knows what food she likes and what she doesn't like. No pussyfooting around.
4. She has a mom who prepares what looks to me like really elaborate, healthy and yummy meals. I especially like the required servings of fruit with every meal. The longans have been peeled, for heaven's sake! Jin, I would trade mothers with you, but only for a week. I, too, have a Chinese mother, so I know what it's like. Except mine can't cook.
5. She wrote a blog entry for me, here. Wiwit!