Tuesday, May 29, 2012

because it smelled good

Let's see... where was I? Oh yes, Luang Prabang.

I've already mentioned the French influence and the colonial architecture...






As well as the river. There are two rivers, actually. There's the very famous Mekong and the smaller but equally impressive Nam Khan.






I've blogged about the monks...



And where there are monks, there are temples. More than 30 temples and monasteries in such a small area!










My favorite was Wat Choumkhong, just a few meters down the street from our guesthouse, Villa Chitdara. It was built in 1843 and I'm sure that it's a very important temple.

But I just fell in love with the garden.





I especially liked these flowers that smelled just like chocolate. Endorphins, y'know.

No comments:

Post a Comment