Saturday, December 17, 2011

meeting vincent

The highlight of my recent trip to Singapore was my visit to the Singapore National Museum. There was a painting that I just had to meet. I was very excited.




OK, it's not the really super-famous Starry Night that's the subject of  Don Mclean's song and is currently at the Museum of Modern Art in New York, but it's still Vincent van Gogh's Starry Night-- the other one.


I happen to like this more than the one at MOMA because of the couple walking on the riverbank. And the colors are not as somber.




It made me cry.

More about the Starry Night paintings here.

Dreams & Reality: Masterpieces of Painting, Drawing & Photography from the Musée d'Orsay Paris runs from 26 October 2011 to 5 February 2012 at the National Museum of Singapore. The exhibition is open from 10am to 6pm everyday, except Saturdays from 10am to 8pm.

No comments:

Post a Comment