Friday, September 16, 2011

why i love hong kong

Why do most people go to Hong Kong? For the shopping, of course.

The Landmark at Central. I love love all the natural light. 

My favorite Louis Vuitton shop window. I saw it at The Landmark.

Long queue at the Louis Vuitton store on Canton Road, Tsim Sha Tsui, Kowloon.

I've become obsessed with the Celine "Classic" flap bag. Exquisite in its simplicity.

My loot from my new favorite clothing store, initial. They love me there.

In Hong Kong, you can find everything you need to be good to yourself...

Hordes of people trying to get into the Peninsula Lobby for afternoon tea. Not us, no way.

What can I say? I love my Starbucks takeaway at the MTR stations. Bought with an Octopus card.

Chocolates worth HK$528 = US$68 = PHP2950. I'm trying hard to make them last.

As well as nourish the soul.

Pop communing with art at the Hong Kong Museum of Art.

I liked this most of all. WTH does it mean?

So sorry that I didn't get the artist's name.

Tsim Sha Tsui's best kept secret: the beautiful and serene Kowloon Park.

But more and more, I am falling in love with the cityscape.

Where else can you find a parking lot with a view like this?

An ant's view of the sky at Central. We had amazing weather when we were in HK.

The iconic Hong Kong tram. Now how come I've never ridden one?

A quick visit to Lan Kwai Fong. Too bad I didn't have time to go to Mid-levels. 

Star Ferry meets Star Cruises, as the International Commerce Centre towers over everything.

Awe-inspiring vista at Cucina at the Marco Polo Hong Kong Hotel. While sipping some gorgeous Pinot Noir. 

And then, of course, there's the food.

No comments:

Post a Comment