Sunday, January 2, 2011

still life: sun jar

The coolest Christmas gift I got last month was this Sun Jar from my father.





I played around with my LX3's settings, just to see the different effects. Most of the time, I find that the first shot is my favorite. And it's usually the one on "Auto".

The Sun Jar is available at Quirks Novelties & Curiosities at Shangri-la Plaza Mall or Power Plant Mall. It's a smoked-glass jar with an LED light inside it that's attached to a tiny solar panel under the lid. It comes with a cheapipay rechargeable battery that I had to throw out immediately because it didn't work anymore. It costs a mind-boggling PHP1,850 (US$42). Not to mention I had to take it out of my luggage three times at the airport to show the inspectors.

But it makes me happy to look at it.

No comments:

Post a Comment