Sunday, August 21, 2011

my happy place

In 2001, when Nail Spa opened at the Shangri-la Plaza Mall in Mandaluyong City, I didn't quite get it. Why would my nails need to go to the spa?

That was then. My hands and feet, after experiencing bliss, have since developed a mind of their own. Hands dial Nail Spa's number to set an appointment. Feet take me straight to the fifth floor of The Block at SM City North EDSA.

13 August 2011, 10AM. Enter Happy Place.




I love all the details. Chandeliers, aquamarine and chocolate immediately put me in a serene and indulgent state of mind.

First my feet are soaked in Bubble Bliss. And then they are gently scrubbed and a mask is applied, while Johnny Depp smiles up at me.



I am presented with a cornucopia of nail colors. It takes me 30 minutes to decide, while my hands, feet and legs are treated to the best reflexology massage in the city. The absolute best.


Dizizit! I take the plunge and choose A-England brand's "Avalon"-- an incandescent regal and royal purple. My nails look and feel fabulous. I am fabulous!



Yez, I am a Nail Spa addict. Good thing one of my best friends, Hamton, married Nail Spa and I get a discount, bwahaha!

Nail Spa is located at The Block at SM City North EDSA, fifth floor. Call +63.2.4410323. Open daily from 10AM to 9PM.

Other locations are Shangri-la Plaza Mall in Mandaluyong City and Gamboa Street, Legazpi Village in Makati City.

No comments:

Post a Comment